The Comptroller’s Virtual Field Office
When you need to visit one of the Comptroller’s field offices – but it’s past normal business hours or you just can’t make the trip – take a look at the Virtual Field Office services below. You may be surprised by the number of tasks you can accomplish online!
Virtual Field Office Services Available Online 24/7, 365 Days Per Year
Did you know you can do all of the following online?
- File a return or make a payment
- Apply for a tax permit
- Change your on-file mailing address or phone number
- Move or add a business location
- Close a business location
- Print a Certificate of Account Status
- Find the forms and guidance necessary to solve many other issues
Other Options Available for Taxpayer Assistance
You can call our office’s general taxpayer assistance line toll free at 1-800-252-8880. For specific tax issues, you can also call the following numbers:
- Delinquent Tax Account Matters, 1-800-252-8880
- Sales and Use Tax Information/Assistance, 1-800-252-5555
- Franchise Tax Help Information/Assistance, 1-800-252-1381
- Certificates of Account Status/Good Standing, 1-800-252-1386
Please note that as filing deadlines approach, heavy call volumes can cause wait times to increase.