Comptroller's Office Holiday Schedule
|Holiday||Agency Status||Date||Day of Week|
|Labor Day||Office Closed||09-01-14||Monday|
|Rosh Hashanah||Optional Holiday||09-25-14||Thursday|
|Rosh Hashanah||Optional Holiday||09-26-14||Friday|
|Veterans Day||Office Closed||11-11-14||Tuesday|
|Thanksgiving Day||Office Closed||11-27-14||Thursday|
|Day After Thanksgiving||Office Closed||11-28-14||Friday|
|Christmas Eve Day||Office Closed||12-24-14||Wednesday|
|Christmas Day||Office Closed||12-25-14||Thursday|
|Day After Christmas||Office Closed||12-26-14||Friday|
|New Year's Day||Office Closed||01-01-15||Thursday|
|Martin Luther King, Jr. Day*||Office Closed||01-19-15||Monday|
|Confederate Heroes' Day*||01-19-15||Monday|
|Presidents' Day||Office Closed||02-16-15||Monday|
|Texas Independence Day||Skeleton Crew Required||03-02-15||Monday|
|Cesar Chavez Day||Optional Holiday||03-31-15||Tuesday|
|Good Friday||Optional Holiday||04-03-15||Friday|
|San Jacinto Day||Skeleton Crew Required||04-21-15||Tuesday|
|Memorial Day||Office Closed||05-25-15||Monday|
|Emancipation Day||Skeleton Crew Required||06-19-15||Friday|
|LBJ's Birthday||Skeleton Crew Required||08-27-15||Thursday|
* When two holidays fall on the same day, only one holiday will be observed. All state agenciew will be closed on January 19, 2015, in observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Weekend Holidays
- Offices will not be closed on another day when designated holidays fall on a Saturday or Sunday. Such holidays will not be observed.
- Skeleton Crew Holidays
- A state agency must have enough state employees on duty to conduct business during the skeleton crew holidays listed. Compensatory time off during the 12-month period following the holiday worked will be allowed for this duty.
- Optional Holidays
- A state employee is entitled to observe Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, Good Friday, and Cesar Chavez Day in lieu of any state holiday where a skeleton crew is required.
- Institution of Higher Education Holidays
- Institutions of higher education may establish their own holidays in keeping with academic schedules, provided the number of holidays granted does not exceed the number of holidays to which employees of state agencies are entitled.