Appraisal Review Board
Attention Appraisal Review Board (ARB) members:
Tax Code Section 5.041(f) prohibits the Comptroller’s office from advising a property owner, a property owner's agent, or the chief appraiser or another appraisal district employee on a matter that the Comptroller’s office knows is the subject of a protest to the ARB. The Comptroller’s office may, however, provide advice to an ARB member as authorized by Tax Code Sections 5.041(a)(4) or 5.103 and may communicate with the ARB chairman or a taxpayer liaison officer concerning a complaint filed under Tax Code Section 6.052.
The Comptroller's office now has a toll-free line dedicated to serving ARB members. Please call 1-800-252-7551 if you need assistance regarding technical questions relating to the duties and responsibilities of ARB members and property appraisal issues.
- Model Hearing Procedures for Appraisal Review Boards
- Informational Guide to Model Hearing Procedures for Appraisal Review Boards
- Appraisal Review Board Survey Instructions For Taxpayer Liaison Officers or Appraisal District Designees (Instrucciones para la Encuesta de la Junta de Revisión de Tasaciones para los Oficiales de Enlace para el Contribuyente o los Designados del Distrito de Tasación)
- ARB and Taxpayer Liaison Officer Legislative Update
- The Comptroller's publications are currently being revised for 2015. Please check back at the end of February.