Avis Rental Car System, Inc. Contract
State of Texas Contact
Two Ways to Reserve:
The State of Texas rate identifier is F999 + the state agency 3-digit number.
Review comparison tables for all vendors' rates and other contract provisions.
To Make a Reservation Online:
- After reviewing the following steps, log-on to "Avis" Web site.
- Enter rental date, time and location on "Avis" Web site.
- Enter your entity’s State of Texas rate identifier (F999 + entity number) under OPTIONAL INFO in the “Avis Worldwide Discount (AWD) Number or Rate Code” block.
- Select “Continue”.
- Change the drop-down box near the top of the screen for “Available Rates” to your entity’s AWD number. This ensures you receive the State rate with the State’s insurance coverage.
- Select a car type, then click on “continue”. You will advance to the Rate Confirmation screen.
- DO NOT accept the optional coverage, Loss Damage Waiver and Additional Liability is built into the rate.
- Select "Continue," enter your name and e-mail address to receive an e-mail confirmation.
- Select the "Make Reservation" button and your car will be reserved.
- A confirmation page will appear with your reservation number.
Avis offers a discount off of their best published rates to State of Texas employees. The rate does not include insurance and Avis recommends adding "CDW" (collision damage waiver) and "TP" (theft protection) at the rental counter. This insurance will cover any damage to, or theft of, the Avis vehicle.
Please visit the Avis website for the specific cities that they service in these regions.
- Europe - 20% discount
- Africa and the Middle East - 10% discount
- Asia - 15% discount
- Pacific (including Australia and New Zealand) - 15% discount
- Latin America - 10% discount