Project Build is a program to provide Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) vendors with key education and training unique to state government contracting to assist them to be fully prepared to bid or subcontract on projects.
The inception of this program was a collaborative effort among the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts, the Texas Education Agency, the Southwest Minority Supplier Development Council, and Pearson. The inaugural session was hosted in Austin, Texas during an eight week time from February – April 2012
The State of Texas’ commitment to diversity encompasses every agency statewide. Our HUB/supplier diversity initiatives are an integral part of how Texas does business every day. As interested parties in this collaborative venture, we recognize that strategic partnerships such as ours are imperative to the development of HUBs, as well as the economy of local communities and the state of Texas.
These companies successfully completed the following modules:
Module 1 – Orientation
- Overview and Expectations
- Business Assessment Questionnaire
- Business Insurance
- Training Opportunities
Module 2 - Access to Capital
- Identify Financial Resources
- Meet the Bankers
Module 3 - Business 5001
- Developing Your Marketing Plan
- Business Assessment Questionnaire Review and Tips on Advancement
- Tips on Effective Business Strategies
Module 4 - Purchasing Processes-Solicitations/Writing Winning Proposals
- Developing the RFP Response
- Best Practice Guidelines
Module 5 - Doing Business with the State (State Entities Panel)
- State’s Procurement Cycle
- Different Contracting Entities and Meeting Their Needs
Module 6 - Doing Business with the Private Sector (Private Entities Panel)
- Working with Private Sector Entities
- Private Sector Supplier Diversity Programs
Finale: Graduation and MatchMaking
- Presentation of Marketing Plans
- Session with State and Private Entities (Prime Vendors)
- Presentation of Project Build Training (P.B.T.) Certificates
The following companies received a Project Build Training (P.B.T.) Certificate on April 3, 2012.
- AGCS, LLC
- AZTECA Designs, Inc
- BEVCO Consultants, LLC
- BLGY Architecture
- BOAZ Enterprises
- Cline Service Company, Inc
- Cognitive Technologies, Inc.
- Four Seasons Restoration and Remodeling, LLC
- Gonzalez Office Products
- Integration Concepts Consulting, LLC
- Medwheels Inc
- The Entermedia Group, LLC
The Statewide HUB Program is currently researching possible locations and dates for future sessions. Assistance organizations interested in co-hosting Project Build in their area should email the program at Texas4hubs@cpa.state.tx.us.
Project Build – Graduation with a Twist!
The Texas Procurement & Support Services Division of the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts, submitted Project Build for consideration for a national recognition, the 2012 Cronin Award.