What Texans Can Do: Be Energy Efficient
Texans can do their part to save energy and proactively regulate our environment by implementing these tips.
During your commute:
- Drive less, drive slower.
- Carpool or park and ride the bus.
- For your next car purchase, consider more fuel-efficient models.
At your house:
- Check/fix your house's insulation, caulking, and weather stripping.
- Take advantage of EnergyStar appliances.
- Check out solar screens.
- Invest in a programmable thermostat or change your thermostat when you leave the house.
- When you replace light bulbs, use compact fluorescents.