IRS Request for Transcript of Tax Return
The IRS provides the ability to recreate tax records within 48 hours for a person living in a federally declared disaster area. Use Form 4506-T (PDF) to request your information.
Instructions for using Form 4506-T
- Complete lines 1a-4.
- Complete line 5 with the address of the third party for the transcript to be sent to that address. Otherwise leave blank and the transcript will be sent to you.
- Enter the appropriate tax form (usually Form 1040) on line 6
- Check box 6a for return transcript.
- Complete line 9 for the tax years requested.
- Sign 4506-T.
- Write the appropriate disaster designation, such as "HURRICANE IKE," in red letters across the top of the forms to expedite processing
- Fax to 859-669-3592 or mail to RAIVS TEAM, PO Box 145500 Stop 2800F Cincinnati OH 45250
The anticipated response time is 24-48 hours from IRS receipt of the fax.