Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts

Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts, Glenn Hegar

skip navigation

Comptroller's Disaster Resources

The Comptroller's office provides a variety of resources to help Texans recover from man-made and natural disasters. Texans who have property that has been damaged or destroyed by a disaster may claim an exemption from sales tax on labor charges to repair the damage.

In addition, business owners affected by the disaster may request an extension of time to file a tax return and pay a tax. Extensions will be granted in 30-day increments. Additional extensions can be requested up to a 90-day total.

Complete information concerning disaster-related sales tax exemptions can be found in Disasters and Texas Sales Tax. Below you will find a list of disaster resources available in the Comptroller's office as well as in other state offices.

If you cannot find answers to your disaster relief questions in these resources, please feel free to contact our agency for assistance via Texas Tax Help or by telephone (800) 252-5555.

All links were valid at the time of publication. Changes to web sites not maintained by the office of the Texas Comptroller may not be reflected in the links below.

Required Plug-ins: